top of page
We are a small residential drafting firm dedicated to producing the highest quality construction drawings possible. We have experience in multiple states from Maine to South Carolina and are familiar with the ICC codes and many state custom codes.
Presently, located in Central Virginia and serve all our clients through the Northeastern United States. Using email and FTP sites, we can stay in constant contact with our clients and can pass drawings & sketches instantaneously anywhere in the world, opening the door to a broader range of clients.
Unlike other drafting firms, the president also has worked as a framing carpenter in the field, getting a “hands on” approach to actual building and "real" construction problems. Our drawings are very detail oriented and clear to read, taking the guess work out of the carpenter's hands.
Our clients include builders, home owners and architects. We can design houses from napkin sketches or transfer renderings into working drawings. The majority of our projects are drafted in Autocad, but we can also make corrections/changes to hand drawn plans. No job is too small, from adding an addition to your house to designing and drafting an 8,000 square foot estate.
The Owner's Background
Kevin Vogel graduated from Central Maine Technical College in early 1993 with an Associate Degree in Architectural and Civil Engineering. His real education came from actually working construction summers and after college building log homes for Appalachian Log Structures. This gave him a more "nuts and bolts" approach to architect understand real work construction and wood working.
His drafting resume includes:
- 1993 Amerlink Log Home - Drafter (designing custom log homes and log layouts for the mill)
- 1993 Pulte Home Corp. - Architect Intern (drafting singles, towns, and assisting on condos)
- 1994 -1995 Pulte Home Corp. - Project Manger of Stoneridge Estates (large custom homes)
- 1995 -1999 Residential Design Group - Project Manager
clients for this job included Equity Homes, KHovnainan, Pulte Homes, Highgrove LLC, Fairfeild Homes, Westbrook Homes, PC Homes, New Fortis, and Sunstar Homes.
- 2000 - started Vogel Drafting inc.
His resume also includes
- freelance custom houses and addition 1993 - 1999
- freelance deck construction 1993-1995
- carpenter Appalachian Log Structuctures between college classes and before Amerlink job.
(deck framing, drywalling, wall framing, roofing, floor and roof framing, finish carpentry, etc.)
bottom of page